Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Can You Zenbu?

 If you end up in SE Portland you could Zenbu. One day I went for a drive and made a stop in Sellwood. A nice little Portland neighborhood with it's own little food cart culture.

 Zenbu is located about a block away from the main food truck pod. But worth the extra block if you are into sushi, especially sushi rolls which is the main portion of their menu. They also have katsu, a couple chicken dishes, and fish tacos which I need to try.

This trip I went with the chef's choice nigiri combo. While they have a lot of rolls, I find going simpler is a better way to see if a place is quality in their fish and sushi rice. For the price this was a pretty darn good set of nigiri. I might be wrong but from left to right it was most likely snapper, probably escolar (no problems so might have been something else), farmed salmon, yellow tail and lastly maguro tuna.

I'm going to make at least one trip back this summer not just to try their fish tacos but there is also a Ukranian food cart near by called Russian Horse which I want to check out.

Zenbu is located at 7909 SE 13th Ave, Portland, OR, 97202 and their website is here. They also have a Facebook page that lists their daily specials here.

No comments:

Post a Comment