Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, March 5, 2015

One Sunday Brunch at Azteca

One Sunday back in 2012 I was feeling a bit alone so I went for a drive. Saw a sign at Azteca Mexican Restaurant in Beaverton for brunch so I decided to try it. From what I remember it was a line of serve yourself buffet tables. Some of the items were familiar, some were a bit mysterious and some had been sitting out for a bit. Brunch included champagne.

At the end I was still feeling a bit alone and not so great even though some of the items were not bad tasting.

So I have not gone back. Azteca does seem to have a following but I see even now some reviewers are not happy with the food or service and there seems to be a theme of inconsistency. What would make me come back? Perhaps a bit of quality control is needed. Plus no Ranch sauce on fish tacos or green peppers in most of the dishes. It makes me think they want to hide the taste of the other ingredients.

Anyway, the reason I have started writing posts about some of the places I haven't had good experiences at is as a record for myself. Plus maybe some day one of the people running a place like this will read it and consider making positive changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment