Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, February 27, 2015

Going Back to Fish Tacos at Amigos Tacos

 I have a lot of photos from a lot of places I have dined at. I did that for two reasons, to remember places that I liked and because I was going to blog about them. However the second didn't happen for some so I've decided to dip back into the past and write about a few of them. Like this yummy plate of fish tacos from 2011 at Amigos Tacos in Manhattan Beach, Calif.

If there is one other food besides Japanese that I've eaten more than the norm, it's fish tacos. The ones at Amigos Tacos were battered, topped with creme fresh, lettuce, tomatoes and served on corn tortillas. I prefer corn because the flavor combined with the fish increases the umami of the dish. Plus corn tortillas hold up better than flour which tends to get soggy and tear. Not so sure about cheese on fish tacos but I remember the flavor of the cheese did not overwhelm everything else.  I have to say this was a really good plate of fish tacos with a big serving of rice and beans, both cooked just right.

While eating I appreciated the colorful decor. It's pretty standard for Southern California Mexican food places but still the mural was bright and gave a little openness to the restaurant.

My companion enjoyed his chicken burrito and added salsas and pickled carrots on everything.

It's been a few years since I ate there but Amigos Tacos is still open and is located at 1221 Artesia Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.

No comments:

Post a Comment