Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Visit to Alameda Brewhouse

 One day last March I needed to stop at Pips Donuts, which is something everyone who likes donuts should do. But I wanted lunch first so I chose to check out the Alameda Brewhouse which is next door.

Inside is a big space that could have felt overwhelming but details like the banners on the wall and the color coordinated decor helped bring it down to scale visually.

Up first was choosing something to drink. I don't remember what I had but if I guessed now it might have been the Black Bear XX Stout. I remember more the server trying to get me to buy a case of beer than what I drank that day.

Lunch came with a side salad, fries, chips and so on. I went with the salad.

Seeing a fish sandwich on the menu I decided to try it. Their Okanogan Steelhead Gyros topped with tatziki sauce.

Not sure if they changed their menu since it now lists feta cheese and red chard as part of this dish. Also not sure if this was salmon or trout since it's not noted either. While the fish, tatziki and flat bread were good, the fact that the cucumber and tomato were sliced too thick was a problem for me when eating this. I hope they changed that.
 

I did not get a chance to see other dishes they served so I can't speak to how the rest of the food is there.

I haven't been back due to there being so many places in Portland to eat. I'm sure if one is in the area along Fremont and wants something a little stronger than what is served at Pips, it's not a bad place to have some beer.

They are located at 4765 NE Fremont St, Portland, OR 97213

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow!! This restaurant looks hygienic and well maintained. I wonder if I could visit this place and can taste this yummy food. Hey, Can you tell me such Boston restaurants where I can find healthy food?

    ReplyDelete