Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, November 28, 2014

Return to Sushi Yoshi


End of October I made a visit for a couple of days to the Los Angeles area where I use to be for many years. You would think I'd want to hit a top sushi restaurant? Why do that when I can have really good sushi at a friendly little place? Like this lovingly made halibut?

Or this really delicious saba? But if you can find a really good sushi chef that is all that matters.

One that knows how to make a good tamagoyaki.

Or can make anago taste as yummy as unagi. (Because unagi fresh water eel is endangered so go for anago sea eel.)

Which is what Kentaro can do. Along with being a Hanshin Tigers fan.

With a bit of pristine maguro and aji.

And of course my favorite yellowtail aka hamachi. Because it rocks.

And for dessert a bit of sweet ibi shrimp.

Topped off with an amazing sunset because I brought the rain with me to Southern California.

Sushi Yoshi is at 2140 Artesia Blvd, Torrance, CA 90504
Ignore the Yelp rating, yes the place is small so be patient. It's worth it.

Oh yeah, the price is really good too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment