Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Baked KitKats

The other day I was at the local Japanese market and saw they had a new type of KitKat in. I had a couple and saved a few for later.

What I didn't know until a blogger in Japan wrote about these is that they are supposed to be baked. That's right, baked.

So I took the couple I had left.

Which look like regular Kitkats and taste okay unbaked.

I put them in my toaster oven. One thing I may have missed is I did not put them in the fridge beforehand. So I only used the broiler so they would not melt too much on the bottom.

At least I did not burn them. As to how they taste? The cookie inside was much crisper which was nice. I did not think the taste of the white chocolate was that remarkable. The one thing I noticed was they smelled like the fake butter that they offer for popcorn at movie theaters.

There is also a chocolate version of these but I have not seen them for sale here. I would probably try those but these ones I would not try again. Some people seem to like them. It's an interesting idea.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I like the green tea ones too. And a lot of their other flavors. I'm glad we can get a few of them here in the US.

      Delete