Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Rose City Comic Con, 2013

I wasn't sure about attending the Rose City Comic Con, or RCCC as it's easier to say version. Not feeling so well but I pulled together and boarded the Max to Portland and the Convention Center.

Brandi Milne RCCC 9-21-13 2

Glad I did it because I got to meet the wildly talented Brandi Milne and also get her new book "Frohlich" with "So Good for Little Bunnies" at the Baby Tattoo booth.

so good for little bunnies

I even got an ice cream cone! It was a treat getting to talk with Brandi and she loves Portland so I hope she gets her wish to visit again. Also the books are really nice. I am impressed with the quality Baby Tattoo puts into the books they publish. "Frohlich" will be available in Brandi's online store here very soon. I think it's a great representation of her work.

Lee Arenberg Martin Klebba RCCC 9-21-13 1

I wish I had looked at more of the booths but I was tired and it was very crowded. I missed Sock Dreams and Chrissie Zullo, darn it. I did take a few photos which I posted on my Ethereal Spirits blog here. I ended up at the Panel rooms so decided to take a seat in one. Turns out it was a good decision because Lee Arenberg and Martin Klebba are very entertaining guys!

Lee Arenberg Martin Klebba RCCC 9-21-13 2

Both were in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies so there was some talk about that. Both however are experienced actors and Lee Arenberg loves talking about the business of acting. Which he is great at. I highly recommend anyone who is interested in the business to listen to him speak if you get the chance.

David Giuntoli RCCC 9-21-13 2

The real reason I was up at the panels was because I was hoping for Grimm spoilers. Which included having to look at David Giuntoli and his great hair for almost an hour. I know, it was tough.

David Giuntoli RCCC 9-21-13 4

Sadly he was spoilerless. Even though he was asked by a few people he was very good about not giving out any information about the new season that wasn't already known.

David Giuntoli RCCC 9-21-13 6

I thought he handled questions from the audience very well including a few that were difficult. A friend of his who was on a prior Road Rules showed up and David's buddy Flula got a plug too.

David Giuntoli RCCC 9-21-13 7

There were a few requests from the audience including this guy who wanted to perform a magic trick for David.

David Giuntoli RCCC 9-21-13 5

I leave you with this photo of David wishing a guy's wife congratulations as a new United States citizen. It was a very entertaining convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment