Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, October 18, 2013

Oh deer

There is a place not far from where I live that I expect to see deer. But I never do. It's right by a very busy road. However late last month I looked over just before that place and what did I see?

deer 9-21-13 1

I had to pull over and take a few photos. This guy is obviously a male. You can see his little antlers.

deer 9-21-13 2

Perhaps a young lady hanging out with him? You can see a few of the many cars that drive this road.

deer 9-21-13 3

I was using the zoom on my camera because I didn't want to frighten them. I'd hate to see them try to get across that road.

deer 9-21-13 4

Thankfully they weren't too scared but continued grazing. These are Columbian black tailed deer. They actually help us by eating things like poison oak.

deer 9-21-13 5

The grounds they are on belong to St. Mary's but there weren't many people around since it was a Saturday.

deer 9-21-13 6

Off they go. There were four but two were off to the side. I was rather happy to see these deer because they don't show themselves often around here.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for providing a smile in the middle of a hectic weekend. Look! There's Bambi! ^^ They're so delicate and those ears are to die for.

    No deer where I am. Sigh. Do stray cats count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have helped!

      Yes I can't get over how thin their legs are yet they are able to get around easily. They are pretty.

      Hum, plenty of deer in Japan. But stray cats always count. I took a photo of one the other day thinking about how he reminded me of the stray cats in Japan and that you would have admired him.

      Delete