Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I've not known how to say it

My baby Shinji did not make it. Back in February, right before Valentine's Day he showing signs of serious illness. His heart was bad. I had hoped with all my might and a good deal of cash that he could be better even for a little while longer. But the fact is that some cats inherit heart disease and he was one of them.

I am still heartbroken over it and wish he was still here. Part of me doesn't want to post about it because it feels like posting he passed away is like saying goodbye to him. Which I do not want to do. He will always be with me. I don't want to forget him.

His brother Kenji would not stop looking for him. Every day the time he spent walking around meowing increased.

I knew that there was only one way to make things okay again. Since I do not have the power to have Shinji return to us. I searched on-line to see if anyone had a little blue kitty that was near to us. Bad timing on that. One person had a blue Abyssinian boy but he was a year old. I decided to go anyway.

I really knew we needed someone who was younger. I was dealing with Kenji who is reaching old man age at eight and a half years. I knew it would be difficult for him to adjust since he had been with his brother almost all of his life.

I drove south and ended up in a small house swarming with cats of all sizes. The blue guy really didn't want to get to know me. However there was this one little tyke that kept demanding my attention...

Little Kitty 4-16-13 1

So welcome little kitty Tashi. She isn't blue nor a boy. Her name means good luck in Tibetan and she is a seven month old silver Abyssinian. Also a preemie so supposedly she will be smaller than normal but I swear she has double in size since arriving here. Maybe less competition for food is helping? She is a handful, extremely curious, likes getting into everything and wants to know what I am doing at all times. Demands attention and likes laps. She also plays fetch exceptionally well and is practicing the tightrope by walking on the railing at the end of the bed. Neither which I think are stupid pet tricks but indicate she is smarter than the average cat. Or she is planning to join the circus.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a pet, especially one who has been by your side for so long. *hugs*

    I'm glad to hear that you found another cat to join your life. Tashi sounds like a sweet, lovely cat. How is she getting along with Kenji?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Els. He is definitely missed by me and his brother Kenji.

      Tashi is a very smart and impetuous little girl. She even made the leap from the balcony to the tree just beyond. Thankfully when I yelled "No!" she lept back on the balcony.

      She and Kenji are getting along after a couple days of adjustment. The place where I got her raises Abyssinians so she is use to other cats. Kenji was a little tougher since it's only been his brother around. Once in a while she lays next to him but it doesn't last long because Kenji wants to show he is alpha cat. She likes to play so they chase each other and she tries to jump on him. I think she has helped Kenji a lot.

      I worried because no one can explain to him what happened to Shinji and that Shinji can't come back even though he did not want to go. At least now he has another kitty to be with him as he gets older.

      Delete
  2. Neither blue nor a boy, but a beauty nonetheless. The alpha cat might become a faithful fan! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are "playing a bit more, so seems they are bonding a bit. Which I think both Kenji and I needed.

      Delete