Monday, January 21, 2013

What was better than a Beard Papa's cream puff?

An Xuyen cream puff 1-11-13

No offense Beard Papa, because I can buy yours and have at the same place I bought this one. Yours are good but...

I don't know what kind of reputation An Xuyen Bakery has. My experiences are limited to what I can buy at Uwajimaya. (which isn't saying a whole lot since they sometimes do not have things one wishes they could get) I've tried cookies which were okay. Bread was better. It wasn't until I tried their little loaf of chocolate cake that I was on to something.

Not going to go on but this cream puff? It was one of the best I have had. I've made cream puffs so I have a clue what goes into putting together something tasty. This one had it. The chocolate on top was not hard but also not runny. Inside was a lightly chocolate whipped filling.

Yes, I will be looking for another one next time I go back.

2 comments:

  1. If it tasted half as good as it looks in the photo ... yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was that good. They were out the other day so I tried an eclair. Same filling but that cream puff...just was so good it left the poor eclair lacking.

      Delete