Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Last meal of last year

soba noodle soup 12-31-12

While I didn't make the noodles or naruto kamaboko, I did make my first egg sheet and also the tsuyu broth for this Toshikoshi soba. My guest enjoyed it so I think I did alright.

Oh I forgot to mention that I used the ratios for the soup stock that were noted in Maki's Just Hungry post. Maki's blogs are so full of information that I am glad they are available. I also need to mention I was able to find organic soba noodles which were very good. I don't have the name of the brand though.

6 comments:

  1. I've just had dinner, but despite that fact, your photo made me hungry again! ^^

    PS: Just Hungry is my favourite Japanese food blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, it's nice to see my photos make people hungry!

      I think that Maki is a kind person and it shows in her blog which makes it good.

      Delete
  2. That looks so incredibly tasty. Makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn now I wish I could make some for you and the other commenters!

      Delete