Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, January 14, 2013

A few from some recent walks

It's rather cold so I haven't been out much. But I still have a lot of photos. For now, a few that are interesting to me.

berries THWP 1-3-13 1

I don't know what kind of berries these are, but I thought their red color combined with the yellow of what may be lichen was striking.

Tualatin Hills Nature Park 1-3-13

Taken at the beginning of the month at Tualatin Hills Nature Park. The berries were just opposite of this.

Tualatin Hills Nature Park 1-3-13 3

While the pond there had ice on the surface. I would guess now it's pretty much covered completely.

rough skinned newt 5

At a different place on a different day. A bit of rain and cold made me think twice about walking on a few trails at Cooper Mountain Nature Park. But it was perfect weather for this guy.

rough skinned newt 2

He's a Rough Skinned Newt and not one to be touched without being very careful. There are toxins on his skin. But I preferred just taking photos of him.

rough skinned newt 4

It was nice to have a subject stay so perfectly still.

No comments:

Post a Comment