Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's not Japan if I don't have sushi (March 22nd, 2011)

Tokyo 3-22 4

Not knowing how often the Toei Express was running to Narita (less often than going to Haneda Airport from what I saw), I left even earlier to get to the airport on my last day. But it also gave me plenty of time to once again sample the food offerings there.

Tokyo 3-22 5

Found out afterward the kaiten zushi place was closed so I'm glad I decided to try the food on the fourth floor. That is Tsukiji Sushi-Iwa. So I got to have a little Tsukiji sushi after all (but I'm guessing it probably was from somewhere else that day since the market was closed.)

Tokyo 3-22 1

A little sake for the pre-flight nerves and what looked like mountain vegetables as an appetizer.

Tokyo 3-22 2

I figured why not be brave. Heck I weathered earthquakes and radioactive fall-out, why not go with the chef's choice, omakase.

Tokyo 3-22 3

Don't ask me what some of this is.I'm guessing there were a few clams involved. I did eat all of this. I was happy to see so much maguro. Tuna in Tokyo just has wonderful flavor. I know not all of it comes from around Japan, but my limited experience has been good. I can say that I did like this sushi restaurant and would try it again but there are a few other restaurants at Terminal One that I want to try in the future. I hope.

So that was my trip. There was one really strong aftershock while I was up on the top level. I learned the word "jishin" then as the lady sitting near me turned to me and said "Jishin?" and realizing it meant earthquake I wholeheartedly agreed.

I was glad to arrive back at LAX (Los Angeles International Airport). I don't have photos of what happened there but it was a little different from other times. If I ever write this story I will have to put that in. But for now I will probably have one more post of photos from Tokyo and then have to figure out what to write about next here.

No comments:

Post a Comment