Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, January 2, 2012

Night Time in Tokyo (March 19th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-19 44

I decided to take a short walk around the part of Minato where I was staying. I think it was a combination of not wanting to see disaster on television and internet and wanting to see the full moon. The color from the street lights on the shrine next door was interesting.

Tokyo 3-19 45

Still not as much traffic on the streets.

Tokyo 3-19 46

And the usually bright buildings and signs were still dim. Tokyo without it's signage is quite somber. I kept walking because there was more to see.



Tokyo 3-19 47 

The Furukawa at night. During the day I could not see this stone work along the river. Interesting to see this underground channel opening. I'm guessing it is older than the river walls and was integrated when they decided to surround the Furukawa with concrete. I wonder if it was a bridge back when?

Tokyo 3-19 49

Perhaps a willow tree? Signs of spring and that life is not over.

Tokyo 3-19 48

Darkened Tokyo Tower. Such a rare sight.

Tokyo 3-19 50

Over to Zojoji Temple. I didn't know what I would find there. I thought maybe they would have something for people in the days after the quake and all. But it was so dark it made the unlit Tokyo Tower seem to glow.

Sorry if you saw this post yesterday. The dates on the scheduling were not in sync so it posted early. At least you know I do try to put these together a bit ahead of time but also do the writing right before posting. I hope it makes the posts feel a bit fresh and not dated.

2 comments:

  1. I only discovered your blog recently, but I'm slowly but surely reading my way through your older posts. This one got my attention. Isn't it great that you can walk alone at night in Tokyo, without being afraid?

    PS: I like the new posts, too. I'm a cat person! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's nice to know they get read.

      That's what I like about Minato and some other places in Tokyo. One can go out and be safe even when I'm alone. Thinking about it makes me miss being there.

      Glad you like the posts!

      Delete