Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Konbini Soba in Tokyo (March 19th, 2011)



Before I get to the soba I have to ask about this restaurant I saw during my night stroll. I like the graphic of the fish and have been wondering just what the name of this place is. I think I figured out part of it says "Sushi Samurai". It's in Shiba near Zojoji. Any help out there?


But I didn't get to go in. Instead it's another seaweed salad.


It's actually more salad greens than seaweed and was quite good. So nice to find this without all the cabbage that is normally in Japanese salads.



I also found soba! Looking at the label I see this was from 7 & I Holdings konbini, otherwise known as 7-11 in the US. This soba had a secret. 



Inside were three big packets. Shredded nori, soba dipping broth and the third...what could it be?



Looking at the back the diagram tells what to do with it. Then it dawns on me, this is brilliant! It's cold water! Finally a way to unstick those sticky soba noodles!



Here is my lovely soba all prepped and ready to eat. It was delicious.



Made even better by my finally finding some impossible to find due to the quakes and more. Sake! This stuff will clean anything out of your system.



The Hakutsuru Sake Cup, not to be mistaken for Cup Sake or Cup Noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment