Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hama Rikyu Gardens (March 20th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-20 65

Being once a residence of the Tokugawa family, it makes sense that there is what looks like a moat.

Tokyo 3-20 66

There are other large ponds in the garden including one that is salt water that feeds from Tokyo Bay. Sadly because of my foot pain I did not get to see most of the garden and these ponds. I would like to one day.

Tokyo 3-20 67

But I did see some interesting things that I will show more of very soon. And a few things in this post too.



Tokyo 3-20 68

Like this amazing wooden bridge and gate.

Tokyo 3-20 69

I don't know how old it is but it's easy to imagine samurai walking across this.

Tokyo 3-20 70

Tokyo 3-20 71

Manhole cover for the gardens. I can guess that the building is the tea house Nakajima no ochaya and the tree is the 300 year old pine. Definitely need to see the tea house if I get back here.

Tokyo 3-20 72

This however is a rest house. Nice how it fits in with the garden.

Tokyo 3-20 73

Another bridge and more stone work.

Tokyo 3-20 74

A bit more flowers. It was nice even though it was the beginning of March that there were flowers in bloom to see. It was a trip where the small things like this really mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment