Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, January 16, 2012

Hama Rikyu Gardens (March 20th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-20 55

I started to walk around the gardens when I saw what appeared to be another victim of the quakes.

Tokyo 3-20 56

A 9.0 earthquake and the only damage I found in person where stone garden lanterns. Although later I learned there were buildings in Tokyo that had bad enough cracks that they were deemed unsafe. Which was why some places were not open at all during the time I was there.

Tokyo 3-20 57

One of the things I love about Japanese gardening is the shapes the branches end up taking. There was more to see so keep looking.



Tokyo 3-20 58

Tokyo 3-20 59

Nothing like the interesting use of English translation. This time a bit funnier because ubiquitous means being everywhere at the same time, widespread. I wish I could have met this guide.

Tokyo 3-20 60

Tokyo 3-20 61

Tokyo 3-20 62

Tokyo 3-20 63

Tokyo 3-20 64

Nice bright yellow blossoms on a gray day. I think this was the same type of tree that I saw out on Odaiba.

No comments:

Post a Comment