Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, December 26, 2011

A Shrine for Aoyama (March 19th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-19 14

My goal this day was to reach the well-heeled area of Omotesando Dori. Being an area I had not visited before and a station with rather confusing exits, I of course went the wrong way when I reached the street.

Tokyo 3-19 15

I was always curious to see if there would be people out shopping and going about. I do think crowds were still down. My guess is it's most likely because a lot of people live further out of Tokyo and with the rolling blackouts train service to and from those areas was questionable. Because TEPCO kept changing the schedule. I can totally understand the frustration of those who live there.

Tokyo 3-19 16

Luckily I did find something interesting even going the wrong way. It looked like a shrine.



Tokyo 3-19 17

This part of Omotesando Dori (street) has mostly newer buildings, some which are amazing. So this older little shrine seemed a bit anachronistic.

Tokyo 3-19 18

This is Akibajinja 秋葉神社 Shinto Shrine.

Tokyo 3-19 19


Founded in 1827 for the Okami Akiba, Okami Inari and Okami Mitake.

Tokyo 3-19 20

Of course with Inari you have kitsune.

Tokyo 3-19 21

The shrine is for protection from fire and guardian of Aoyama where it is located.

Tokyo 3-19 22

I'm glad I could finally update this post with the information about this shrine. I had wondered for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment