Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's a moat (Imperial Palace March 17th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-17 25

I will admit I was wondering how the activity would be at the Imperial Palace. I'd heard a lot of people like to run there and it's a very popular tourist spot. I didn't know how big the grounds were till I started walking around. One of the first things I saw was the lovely Wadakura-bashi Bridge.

Tokyo 3-17 29

I'm not sure the new hotel is going to make the area look nicer. I hope it looks better once finished.

Tokyo 3-17 30

This is an outer moat at the north east end of the grounds. While there was no one around it was nice to see there were a few curious creatures about.



Tokyo 3-17 32

Lucky for me they decided to come over to see just who was standing there.

Tokyo 3-17 33

Wonderful display of the swan's plumage.

Tokyo 3-17 34

Tokyo 3-17 35

Tokyo 3-17 36

Tokyo 3-17 37

What may be Tufted Ducks who were following after the swans.

Tokyo 3-17 38

Not really knowing which way to go, I decided to cross the bridge.

Tokyo 3-17 39

On the other side I found marvelously gardened pines,

Tokyo 3-17 40

and the Wadakura Fountain Park.

Tokyo 3-17 41

Which was turned off probably to conserve electricity. Just another reminder we were all potentially being exposed to radioactivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment