Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, December 30, 2011

Food for Friday: KFC Tokyo Style and the Oedo (March 19th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-19 41

Feeling hungry I looked for something to eat. This is a familiar place. Might as well find out why it's so popular in Japan.

Tokyo 3-19 40

Order on the street, go upstairs to eat. Space is a premium here. Want to see what I got? Proof that sizes are smaller in Japan.



Tokyo 3-19 38

Not that I mind but this is a kid's size meal in America. A couple more fries would have been okay. Otherwise, I actually like smaller sized meals. Too much food leaves one feeling uncomfortable among other things.

Tokyo 3-19 39

Next time I will put a yen coin for size comparison if I remember. I really didn't know what I was getting. This is spicy chicken sandwich but was not bad. I usually can't eat spicy food in America. It's another thing places here over do.

Tokyo 3-19 42

And back down to the subway. No way was I going to walk down five stories even with aftershocks. My feet were not happy campers. At least in the heart of Tokyo power was never cut off because of the businesses there and the government offices. Some people were working round the clock. Yes, Yukio Edano is one I'm thinking of.

Tokyo 3-19 43

Down at the Oedo Line at Aoyama-Itchome Station waiting to go back to good ol' Daimon Station. I think 大門 is some of the first kanji I started to recognize right away. That's one way to learn it!

Just a note, being the end of the year and all, I may or may not have posts over the weekend. The blog is not stopping. Hoping to wrap up this trip in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment