Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, December 16, 2011

Food for Friday: CoCo Ichibanya Tokyo (March 17th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-17 108

My feet really hurt and it was freezing cold as I returned to Minato. And I was pretty darn hungry since I hadn't eaten in a while. Trying to figure out where to eat was even more of a chore since so many places did not have their signs lit in order to conserve electricity.

Tokyo 3-17 116

CoCo Ichibanya? Open? Well, might as well find out.



Tokyo 3-17 110

Big menu, many choices. Funny I could order from this but they gave me an International menu anyway.

Tokyo 3-17 109

Got a counter seat. So I got to watch people in action. And smell that curry cooking.

Tokyo 3-17 115

Tokyo 3-17 112

I decided to start with a salad. Always interesting to see what the Japanese version is.

Tokyo 3-17 111

Actually pretty nice with all that lettuce and not as much cabbage. However, this is not a Caesar salad dressing on here. Pretty darn weak. But still better than most salads I've had in Japan.

Tokyo 3-17 114

Here is the star of the night! Let's see how it compares to other curry I've had.

Tokyo 3-17 113

I should have taken a photo of the empty plate. Because this was the best curry I have ever had. I can't even describe it except I could taste the different spices and there was depth and flavor I've never had before. Amazing!

CoCo Ichibanya has restaurants all over Japan. Definitely worth trying out if you want Japanese curry and the prices are not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment