Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, December 23, 2011

Food for Friday: CoCo Ichibanya in California

coco ichibanya 1

So, imagine my surprise when a new curry place opened in town. And it just happened to be CoCo Ichibanya. In case you missed it, I have photos and a write-up of my visit to a CoCo Ichibanya restaurant in Tokyo last Friday. Here if you want to check it out.

coco ichibanya 2

Checking it out was a must to see if I could relive a bit of that flavor I experienced in Tokyo.

coco ichibanya 3

It's a pretty good sized space.

coco ichibanya 4

With lots of seating.

coco ichibanya 5

But for me, sitting at the counter is the best seat. So want to know if it measures up?



coco ichibanya 6

Ordering is the same, just not in Japanese. Pick the size of rice you want, the hotness of your curry and your toppings.

coco ichibanya 7

They even installed call buttons like they have in Japan.

coco ichibanya 10

The salads are pretty good and you can throw some toppings on if you want. Like corn

coco ichibanya 11

or potato salad

coco ichibanya 8

or corn and potato salad. These weren't mine by the way.

coco ichibanya 9

Or you can just have it without the extras and it's just as good.

coco ichibanya 12

You can get potato croquettes also.

coco ichibanya 13

So what about the curry? Well I was told the Chicken Katsu was good.

coco ichibanya 18

That the Keema Curry is good enough to order a second time.

coco ichibanya 16

I tend to go for less rice myself and focus on their variety of toppings. Like shrimp.

coco ichibanya 14

Shrimp and vegetables.

coco ichibanya 15

Shrimp and mushrooms.

coco ichibanya 17

Or just shrimp with a side of corn dumped on it. I will admit this was too much corn.

coco ichibanya 19

I think I will leave it with this. CoCo Ichibanya definitely does curry good.

CoCo Ichibanya is located here:
2455 Sepulveda Blvd
Ste C

Torrance, CA 90501
Open all week long

It appears there is one in a food court at Ala Moana Mall in Hawaii:
 1450 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96814

No comments:

Post a Comment