Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, November 7, 2011

Meiji Jingu (March 15th, 2011) Ema and Trees

Tokyo 3-15 58

In the inner courtyard at Meiji Shrine there are amazing trees. I am guessing they are very sacred.

Tokyo 3-15 59

Tokyo 3-15 60

This tree oversees where people place their ema. Would you like to know more?



Tokyo 3-15 61

Meiji Shrine is one where it is easier for people who do not read Nihongo to be able to participate. Here are the instructions for Ema. Nearby was where you purchase them.

Tokyo 3-15 62

I also participated in this. I had wanted to do this for a while and since things were not good in Japan because of the Tohoku disasters, I felt maybe it might help me a little.

Tokyo 3-15 63

I did not see where one could get a Year of the Rabbit ema, but at least I was able to see them. Nearby was Nagadono Juyosho, the amulet office. I did purchase a couple omamori finally! It was hard to decide but I felt one for safe traveling was very much needed for my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment