Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Marunouchi Tokyo (March 17th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-17 22

After Character Street I decided to see if I could walk to the Imperial Palace. I didn't know how far it was. While the area around Tokyo Station was interesting and a bit imposing, Tokyo Station was covered because they were refurbishing it. How sad, I would have liked to have seen it.

Tokyo 3-17 23

Marunouchi reminded me of a typical Tokyo skyline. Big buildings and lots of signs. Not as many people walking though. What was a sunny day grew cloudy and cold.

Tokyo 3-17 24

But this was cute. Yamato Transport kitties in a box! I wish they were for sale but I could not see anywhere that they were. Want to see more? I can say there were some interesting structures in between the staid buildings.



Tokyo 3-17 27

Such as this, the Ginko Kyokai Building. The original building was completed in 1916. It was designed by Matsui Kitaro and houses the Tokyo Banking Association. What you see though is an illusion. For most of this building is gone leaving only the two outer walls. It was merged into large modern building right behind it in 1993.

Tokyo 3-17 26

This is the new Palace Hotel being built right by the Imperial Palace. I wonder what the views will be like, if you will be able to see into the palace grounds.

Tokyo 3-17 92

Later on as the sun set.

Tokyo 3-17 103

Nice to see this colorful car in this not so colorful place.


Tokyo 3-17 104

Close up of the grill work of that building. Nice they didn't mess with this older facade.

So of course this leads to my visit to the Imperial Palace grounds. Next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment