Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Konbini goodness (March 2011)

Tokyo 3-15 98

I'm not remembering what days these were from. Or where all they came from. But the really good sushi above may have been from the 7-11 which was the first konbini I found real food a couple days after 3/11. I was so glad. I love the little bottle of soy sauce.

Tokyo 3-15 99

This probably came from the Sunkus by my hotel. Since the first couple of days after the quake most places were closed, I walked around a lot more than usual and found this over by where a lot of offices are. Another happy find of food! Want to see more?



Tokyo 3-15 100

Also from Sunkus. Since we did not know the truth about Fukushima Dai-ichi, and I couldn't imagine trying to find iodine tablets if I needed to, I made sure instead to do something better. Seaweed salads. Luckily I found a nice variety a couple days after the quake. This one was interesting with the okra. Might say it was on the slimy side. But healthy.

Tokyo 3-15 101

This was really good! A chocolate chip muffin. I have to say that most Japanese pastries that I have had were really well done. I miss that.

Tokyo 3-15 102

No comments:

Post a Comment