Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Harajuku visit to h.NAOTO (March 15th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-15 87

The streets of Harajuku. Get away from the crowds and you can find lots of trendy fashion shops. Although there were cones around this one building I did not see any damage. I think I was still trying to comprehend 9.0 earthquake yet no visible damage here. Actually later on I found out that a number of older buildings in Tokyo had cracks on the inside and some are being refurbished or torn down like Radio Kaikan in Akihabara.

Tokyo 3-15 88

And higher end stores on Omotesando. The normally busy Omotesando wasn't so busy.

Tokyo 3-15 89

Lots of stores but so many closed. Pretty window decorations at a jewelry store.

Tokyo 3-15 90

Just where to go with so many places closed?



Tokyo 3-15 91

I had to look at Marc Jacob's just in case there was a not so correct notice at the door. There was none.

Tokyo 3-15 92

So quiet.

Tokyo 3-15 93

But I found where I wanted to go. Cat Street. Where a few people were at.

Tokyo 3-15 94

While most of the larger stores were still closed, smaller boutiques were opening up. I still have not been in the Putumayo store.

Tokyo 3-15 95

But I did go into my favorite place, h.NAOTO+. What a nice feeling to see IBI and Nari! Nari helped me pick out some lovely clothing. Being able to go to a place that makes me feel good and chat with people that are kind really made a difference for me during that time. I really appreciated it!

Tokyo 3-15 96

I did finally stop at the Hangry and Angry Battles store. Cute little place.

Tokyo 3-15 97

Thus was my adventure in Harajuku. I did stop at the Volks store while there. Sorry this isn't full of drama but it's hard to show the tension going on from nuclear reactors melting down. That is part of what makes it scary, you can't see, taste, smell, touch or hear it. But I tried to keep going on since panicking was not a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment