Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, November 14, 2011

Harajuku (March 15th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-15 80

This plaza in Harajuku is usually filled with people traveling to work, shopping, meeting others and sometimes those who want to be seen. But with major disasters still happening, being seen was no longer a priority.

Tokyo 3-15 81

Lights off.

Tokyo 3-15 82

Major stores closed. I wondered what I would find on the streets around Harajuku.



Tokyo 3-15 83

I wonder how often LaForet is closed? My timing for my trip couldn't be worse. But then who knew there would be a 9.0 earthquake, tsunami and nuclear power plant blowing up three times. At least the last part should not have happened.

Tokyo 3-15 84

Jumbo screens were off. It made Tokyo quieter than normal.

Tokyo 3-15 85

Cloudy day added to the somber mood.

Tokyo 3-15 86

Yet people were out either going to needed appointments or perhaps looking for something to make themselves feel a little better. Which is what I needed. So where I went is in my next post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment