Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, November 25, 2011

Food for Friday: Poko Montreal Bagels (March 2011)

poko panda

Places like Poko Montreal Bagels are part of the reason I wish I was in Tokyo. Both of my trips there I stopped in a couple of times. Poko is the dog and his wooden version gets dressed appropriately. In March it was to celebrate the pandas at Ueno Zoo. I was very sad the day I saw the closed sign because they were open the day before. But happy that they were open on March 17th.

Tokyo 3-17 5

In March this year I did eat inside besides getting bagels and scones to go. And Poko tote bags. But to see these you have to keep reading.



Tokyo 3-17 6

I went upstairs where they have a nice counter and other seating areas. I sat at the couches so I could enjoy the nice large window.

Tokyo 3-17 3

Outside was familiar Shiba office buildings but the sky was blue and the trees were green and just starting to fill out.

Tokyo 3-17 4

Lovely warm cup of tea with a nice bit of sugar. I don't remember what type of tea it was but I know they serve this and coffee.

Tokyo 3-17 7

I ordered a set which came with a smoked salmon bagel sandwich. I love smoked salmon with cream cheese on a bagel and I have to say I really enjoyed this one.

Tokyo 3-17 8

The olive and sliced cherry tomato add a little extra flavor.

Tokyo 3-17 1

During my two stays in the area I've bought a variety of baked goods from Poko. I think the cutest were these great cookies decorated with panda bears. I wish I have bought more.

Tokyo 3-17 2

Nothing like matcha flavor. Love it.

poko cafe

Poko also adorns their tote bags.

poko bags

After the disasters happened, it was frustrating because there wasn't much I could do. But noticing how few people were out shopping and eating at local places I asked some friends back in America if they would like a Poko tote bag. It was great so many wanted one and I think the people at Poko were surprised. I know it wasn't much but it was something I could do in return for how nice they were to me during my stays in Shiba by their place.

Here is Poko Montreal Bagels website. If you are in Japan you can order on-line from them. Wish I could get them to ship me some bagels, scones and cookies!

And here is their blog in case you want to learn more about them.

Best of all, a map in case you are ever in the Shiba area of Tokyo just south of Hamamatsucho station. You know, when you are staying at the Tokyo Grand Hotel and having to run over to Toshiba to advise them on what direction to take their company or after a grand shopping trip at Venus Fort in Odaiba. Google map is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment