Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, October 10, 2011

What does one do? (Tokyo, March 14, 2011)

Tokyo 3-14 10

What does one do when you go on vacation and almost everything is closed?

Tokyo 3-14 11

I took photos.

Tokyo 3-14 12

Sadly the weather reflected how I was feeling, probably how a lot of people in Japan were feeling.

Tokyo 3-14 13




Tokyo 3-14 14

Tokyo Bay and the islands didn't look as bright as the day before.

Tokyo 3-14 15

At least I got to practice a little reading of Hiragana on my walk.

Tokyo 3-14 16

And verified that escalators were turned off. At least in many cases they did leave elevators on if a station had them. Although the signs about using at your own risk were disconcerting.  There were still strong quakes happening.

Tokyo 3-14 17

Pretty clear they weren't allowing any pedestrians on Rainbow Bridge that day. The view is from Shibaura-futo Station in Minato, Tokyo.

Tokyo 3-14 18

Feeling a little achy I thought I would see if a train ride on the Yurikamome automated train would cheer me up as it did on my last trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment