Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gray Day in Tokyo (March 14th, 2011)

Tokyo 3-14 1

Woke up to an overcast day and news of Fukushima Daichi buildings blowing up. At least a few more trains were running.

Tokyo 3-14 2

And taxis were around. I had some concern about being able to get to Narita Airport if needed or at least at the end of my trip. Although flying out at that time was not an option given how many people were trying to leave. The cost of tickets was horrible. Since I had my return ticket already, I was in "wait and see" mode.

Tokyo 3-14 3

Besides Narita was closer to Fukushima and sleeping on an airport floor was not something I wanted to do ever again. Better to stay in Tokyo where I had a bed and food. Even if somethings were broken they were still standing. But what then to do while there?



Tokyo 3-14 4

Good question since so many places were still closed. This was not your usual vacation. At least Hamamatsucho Station was open and I didn't see any lines.

Tokyo 3-14 5

I had thought about walking part of Rainbow Bridge before. I didn't know if I was physically up to it but why not check it out?

Tokyo 3-14 6

It's not too far from where I was staying. The walk runs along Tokyo Bay just below the mouth of the Sumida River. Since there wasn't much to do, I found myself taking photos of many things.

Tokyo 3-14 7

Deliveries still being made.

Tokyo 3-14 8

Hinode Pier! Perhaps I can get a better look around since it's daylight.

Tokyo 3-14 9

Nope, even the pier was closed. So what was I going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment