Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, October 28, 2011

Food for Friday: El Paseo Inn at Olvera Street

El Paseo Inn 1

Oh Halloween and Dia de los Muertos! Last year I finally did something I've wanted to do for a long time.

El Paseo Inn 2

Head over to Olvera Street and experience a real Dia de los Muertos festival. Of course that means eating Mexican food!

El Paseo Inn 3

Our choice in the very crowded Olvera Street? El Paseo Inn! Come join us.



El Paseo Inn 8

Inside was darkly appointed with artwork that fit the restaurant.

El Paseo Inn 9

And for the season, a colorful altar. Hard to photograph but I had to try.

El Paseo Inn 4

We sat on the busy patio but it was kind of fun watching costumed people go by. The wait staff was also in costume. Of course it also helps to have a margarita on the rocks.

El Paseo Inn 6

For me a veggie burrito. I did see they have fish tacos on Wednesday. But this was a really good burrito that was just the right size.

El Paseo Inn 5

And for the guy his usual order of a chicken burrito. He did enjoy this one.

El Paseo Inn 7

There are a number of places to eat on Olvera Street. So I'm not going to say El Paseo Inn is the best there because I haven't tried the other places. But I will say it was very good and the staff was great considering how busy it was.  El Paseo Inn's website is right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment