Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, September 5, 2011

There were blue skies (Minato Tokyo March 13, 2011)

Tokyo 3-13 1

March 13th and the news was not good. But I didn't fly all the way to Japan to sit in a room watching news. One thing to remember, I couldn't do anything to help, very few people were in a position to help at that time. Plus one had to eat. So after receiving a little information from home where a market might be, I headed out. At least a few trains were running even if very few people were out.

Tokyo 3-13 2

Going a different way I got to see some new things. One of the things I love about Tokyo is how inventive architecture is seen as a good thing. You never know what you will find.

Tokyo 3-13 3

The old with the new. Traditional with not so traditional. And even in the most densely packed places there still is some green.


Tokyo 3-13 4

I was shooting these beautiful ume trees from out on the street when the woman sweeping there invited me in to take more photos.

Tokyo 3-13 5

While there may be a cemetery and a shrine here, it was so beautiful and I was touched by her kindness.

Tokyo 3-13 6

With all that was going on to find life in the blooms of the trees and kindness from a stranger was moving.

Tokyo 3-13 7

For some reason the name of Double Tall Mom amused me.

Tokyo 3-13 8

Two nonplussed Japanese bobtail cats. So nice to see a couple of neko.

Tokyo 3-13 9

They didn't seem to be bothered to see me either.

Tokyo 3-13 10

No comments:

Post a Comment