Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Stroll: Mahattan Beach Botanical Garden

California Wild Lilac 4

I'm constantly looking for new parks that are different from the usual ones in Southern California.

MB Botanical Garden 1

Although small, Manhattan Beach Botanical Garden definitely is a nice change!

Cleveland Sage

It's planted with native low moisture plants in a setting that is suppose to mimic our Mediterranean climate. Like this Cleavland Sage. A few more of these are just below.



MB Botanical Garden 2

I didn't know the name of this plant while growing up but it's a Wishbone Flower.

California Wild Lilac

One of the loveliest plants there was the California Wild Lilac.

California Wild Lilac 3

California Wild Lilac 2

I didn't think about it but I should put a link to some of the places I visit when they have a website. In case others want to go themselves. If you are interested, the site for Manhattan Beach Botanical Garden is here. I think it's great what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment