Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, September 9, 2011

Food for Friday: Sushi Sumo Kaiten Zushi

sushisumo2

Count me surprised when I found out there was a kaiten zushi near me. That's conveyor belt sushi restaurant.

sushisumo3

Yes there is in Gardena and here comes the sushi train at Sushi Sumo.

sushisumo6

So come sit down and let's see what rolls down the track.


sushisumo4

Being a California sushi restaurant means there will be rolls. I'm guessing this is some kind of spicy tuna roll not eaten by me. I'm an old fashion girl who likes her sushi traditional.

sushisumo5 halibut

Like this halibut with a bit of green onion and vinegar.

sushisumo8 yellowtail

And this yellowtail. Not the best yellowtail I've seen but it will do.

sushisumo14

Like I said, lots of rolls. Like this tempura roll. That's the nice thing about kaiten zushi, if you go with others they can get what they want. And you don't have to eat any of it. I did hear that it was good.

sushisumo11 rainbow

However I won't say no to a rainbow roll if the fish looks good and the avocado is fresh.

sushisumo12 halibut

Halibut again served up fresh by the chef. Now we're talking. He also gave us what was cut off no charge.

sushisumo13

While I didn't beat my Akihabara record, it was close. While not the best pieces of fish it is a decent kaiten zushi and with a number of chefs working there you can get special orders and fresh sushi made. I'd go again.

Sushi Sumo is located here:
1831 West Redondo Beach Boulevard, Gardena, CA 90247-3654 (310) 516-0499

No comments:

Post a Comment