Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, August 1, 2011

To set the scene

It's been a little difficult to work on the next set of photos and posts that I want to do. Since it's not just another vacation I went on. So perhaps a little introduction might be the best way to start.

my flight

I knew I wanted to go back to Japan. I really missed being there. So I thought while I could go back I should. I made all my arrangements, figured out places I wanted to go. I planned on taking a Japanese cooking class with Elizabeth Andoh and was going to a live with a friend. Both events I really wanted to do for some time.

But something happened when our flight was almost to Japan. Something that would change my life and the lives of everyone in the country.

Haneda permission

I'm not going to go into all the details in my posts. Because I'm trying to write all that elsewhere, so one day at least I can say I wrote a book. But I have photos, lots of photos and I will talk a bit about them and what was happening as relates to them. Like the photos above of my flight which stopped being tracked as the 9.0 quake hit and my landing permission at Haneda International Airport. Which was suppose to be Narita but some things can't be helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment