Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, August 8, 2011

Always there (leaving Haneda Airport)

Haneda 5

Woke up after an hour or two more of sleep. There were less people around so I ask the nice man who was next to me if they had announced that the trains are now running. He said they were.

I and others tried to see if any of the food places were selling food yet but none were. I decided it would be better to get to my hotel and try my luck there.


 Haneda 6

It was fairly easy finding the monorail station at Haneda. Surrounded by windows the city looked so calm. I was about to get on the train when I noticed something in the sky line.

Haneda 8

Somehow, after such a traumatic night, seeing Fuji-san over the Tokyo skyline made sense. Something that looks so stable and strong yet is also a reminder of how the earth beneath us can give way at any moment.

Haneda 7

So for the first time I saw Fuji-san looking over Tokyo. I wished that it would protect us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment