Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, July 25, 2011

Kaisen Misakiko sushi at Narita Airport

narita 3

Kaisen Misakiko is a kaiten zushi restaurant at the upstairs food area in Terminal One at Narita Airport. That is conveyor belt sushi. Although when I was there last December the belt was not going. Guess there wasn't enough customers. Want to see what it was like?

narita 2


So I was stuck with ordering basic items directly from the chef. Oh, the little drain in the counter? Often at Japanese restaurants like this there is a hot water tap. You spoon powered green tea into your cup and then fill it with water right there. Very convenient.

narita 1

Although sometimes basic is better. Maguro (tuna) in December was so good.

narita 4

Shake (salmon) in Japan is not the same as it is in America. Unlike the farm raised stuff, so far all shake I have had in Japan has a definite taste of the wild. Not bad just a little unexpected.

narita 9

Although the buri or hamachi (yellowtail) was excellent.

narita 8

Here's a second photo of it. Makes me crave a bit ever time I look at these.

narita 6

Of course I couldn't leave without a bit of unagi. Which reminds me that I need to have some again soon while the weather is hot.

narita 7

Sunset over the tarmac looking out the window up there. Last day in Japan till I returned in March and things were much different then.

4 comments:

  1. Lucky I too just had my lunch before coming here for a visit. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lina! Food posts are fun to do aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the one I went in the airport was this restaurant. I felt like eating sushi before leaving Japan and I was quite satisfied with their sushi for a reasonable price. ^ ^ Feel like eating sushi for dinner...:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review Kirin! There are a couple sushi restaurants at Terminal One but this is the only one that I know of that is conveyor belt. I did get to eat at a different one in March which was pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete