Friday, July 22, 2011

Food for Friday: Eating in Asakusa

Asakusa 73

There are many interesting restaurants located around Senso-ji in Asakusa

Asakusa 67

I had no idea where to go. But seeing a woman come out of this restaurant to give this cat a meal made me decide to take a chance. Want to see what I ate?
Asakusa 72

Asakusa 70

It has taken me a while to find the name of this place but it turns out it is ニュー浅草 本店.
Short way of saying it might be Nyuu Asakusa or Asakusa New Head. (The name might be longer than this but I am going with this for now). It is an Izakaya, a place where small dishes of food are served with drinks.


Asakusa 68

I don't remember if I had a drink but I did try their Caprise Salad which consisted of mozzerella cheese, tomatoes and tofu. Only in Japan.

Asakusa 69

I also dove into this wonderful plate of sashimi. I had not had any this trip so it was great to finally enjoy it. The maguro was wonderful.

Here is a website with more information about this restaurant Kyoo Asakusa.

I have created a map with this restaurant and other locations I mention in my posts about Asakusa. You can see my Senso-ji map here.

2 comments:

  1. It was a little scary eating there because one never knows how things will be prepared but it was pretty good Eiko82!

    ReplyDelete