Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, June 16, 2011

So why go to Matsudo?

There are interesting things to see in Matsudo which is in the Chiba Prefecture. But I had one specific place to visit. Even without directions I was determined to get there. So what was it?

GSC 4

The Good Smile Cafe! Owned and operated by the Good Smile Company which is a maker of some of the most popular figures around at this time. They decided to open a cafe near their office as a way to meet their customers and display their figures. It definitely was a highlight of my trip. If you want to see why, click on the link below to see more.



GSC 40

The decor changes each month or so depending on what figures they want to show. In December it was the return of the very popular Black Rock Shooter anime and characters. When you walk in it's rather amazing to see.

GSC 5

Most obvious is the big screen with comfortable seating. I think this is a great idea. People can sit and watch and have something to drink. Or be entertained while shopping. Helps get one in the mood.

GSC 7

The amount of artwork displayed was impressive. I will have to do another post with this and some of the figures. There was so much to look at in just this one space!

GSC 8

Speaking of figures, there were a lot. Not just from Black Rock Shooter. It's great that they have signs that say it's not okay to touch but it is okay to take photos. Definitely a place to bring your camera to.

GSC 9

I was impressed they went as far as to add pieces to bring out the atmosphere of the show. Like a rather large Dead Master Scythe.

GSC 10

And the Black Rock Shooter's Rock Canon. Yes, I am a little bit of a geek when it comes to certain anime and manga. It's about being entertained and I definitely was that day in December last year.

Thank you for looking at my posts and I will have more from the Good Smile Cafe.

2 comments:

  1. Danny Choo filmed his show 'Culture Japan' in Good Smile cafe, if I'm not mistaken. Would be fun if there is a chance to bump into him and his Good Smile Co buddies there. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lina, I don't know about Danny Choo, but I can say it's a nice place to stop in for a bit.

    ReplyDelete