Friday, June 10, 2011

Food for Friday: Yumearaki Sake from Iwate, Tohoku

Yumearkari Sake 3

When I can afford it I like to have something nice to drink. Since it's three months from the Great Earthquake I thought I would post about a very nice sake I had in April.

Yumearkari Sake 2

This is Yumearkari Junmai Gingo brewed and bottled by Asabiraki Co. LTD in Iwate Prefecture, Japan. The brewery was established in 1871. They also brew Stella Monte beer.

Yumearkari Sake

If I have this correct, they get their rice from Iwate also. I did enjoy their Junmai Gingo very much. It was smooth, balanced with a hint of fruit. Great drinking chilled.

Asabiraki Brewery Website is here.

They are open to the public and have a restaurant. Looks like it would be a very nice place to visit. At least if you get a chance, try out one of their sake.

I want to add, later today it will be three months from when the Tohoku Earthquake hit and then the tsunami. My thoughts are with those in Japan who lost so much. Hang in there, you are not forgotten.

I am participating in this week's Show Me Japan with submitting this post. You can see all the participating blogs at the Show Me Japan site here. Plus a couple cat videos this time!


I'm also submitting this to the July blog matsuri over at Nihongo Up! It's a great website and there are some very interesting submissions there. So take a look!



5 comments:

  1. They have English label too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really love to know more about sake. I enjoy it but really don't appreciate it as much as I could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is - thank you for buying products from Tohoku! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like some sake right now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lina, I will have to look for that.

    Kathrynoh, I think the one thing that helps is just knowing the five different types. http://www.esake.com/Knowledge/Types/types.html has good information about them. Then it's easier to know what one is getting when buying.

    A and Y Ikeda, I wish I could do more!

    Jaydeejapan, hope you get some when you can!

    ReplyDelete