Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Friday, June 24, 2011

Food for Friday: MOS Burger

Shiba Daimon 1

Since I was posting about Shinjuku I might as well post what I ate there. Which is what I ate a few times in Shiba too. Which was at MOS Burger. (Shiba location photograph is above)

shiba n 1

Inside the Shiba restaurant. I could not resist the MOS Burger shrimp sandwich. Want to see what it really looks like?


shiba n 3

I will admit to having stopped at MOS more than once. Or twice. but I did also try their salad which was pretty nice for a salad in Japan. My experience was a preponderance of cabbage, but not with the MOS salad. Nice sized pieces of crispy lettuce and fresh tomato.

Mos Burger Shinjuku

I was rather proud that I found the MOS Burger in Shinjuku and didn't get lost. This time I tried the french fries. Not bad at all.

Mos Burger Shinjuku 2

Here is the beauty shot. I wish they would have these all the time. It was a special in December. I don't eat fried food often, but MOS must use a light oil because the sandwiches never tasted greasy. They say they use soy and vegetable oils. The size was just right and the shrimp was tender and flavorful. The patties were consistently crisp and when did you ever get a sandwich that looked like it could be on their advertising? Next time I really want to try one of their specialty rice sandwiches.

I hope someday MOS Burgers makes it across the Pacific Ocean. I'd love to eat there.

No comments:

Post a Comment