Friday, June 3, 2011

Food for Friday: Konbini Eats

Since it's Friday and I'm going through my trip to Tokyo in December, 2010, I thought I'd share some of the delicious things I ate. These were from local Konbini.

lawson onigiri

This is a salmon onigiri from Lawson. This type of wrapper keeps the rice much fresher than just plastic wrap.

lawson onigiri 2

It was really good. I know I tried more of these.

lawson sushi

Lawson sushi! Lawson was the closest Konbini to where I was staying. It was rather small but still had a good selection of fresh food. The pink gunkan is tuna.

7-11 food 2

Soba from 7-11. I added too much hot water from the electric tea pot. Still was good.

7-11 food 1

Broccoli and shrimp from 7-11. Wishing I had some of this right now.

shiba n 01

Gingerbread man shaped Scones from Poko Bagel Cafe in Shiba, Tokyo. Really nice people there and they have a nice area for eating and sipping coffee and tea. Here's their website: Poko Bagel Cafe

shiba n 6

A little television viewing while dining. Gundam 00 series being rerun.

shiba n 7

And of course a bit of sake. It would feel wrong not to visit Japan and not have a glass or two.

2 comments:

  1. I love konbini food. They are cheap and easy to get hold of. :)

    You are making me crave for some now. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lina! Yeah they are good, better than prepared food here in the US. Only bento better are the ones that are found at some of the train stations there.

    ReplyDelete