Friday, May 20, 2011

Food for Friday: Snacks in Japan

Since it's Friday here and I want to get back into posting my trip to Tokyo last December, thought I would combine the two with photos of some of the good things I ate while there. Of course that means Japanese snacks.

kitkat almond 2

kitkat almond

Probably one of the most famous are the Kit Kats made just for Japan. With really unique flavors they can be rather interesting. This Almond Kit Kat was less unique but quite good.

Calbee Rich Chips 1

Calbee Rich Chips 2

Calbee Rich Chips 3

I didn't know what would be rich about these Calbee potato chips when I picked them up. I noticed the top when I went to open them. Yes they were very cheesy. Not bad. It's interesting that it seems that when cheese is put on something in Japan it's often a lot of cheese.

Ozack Battleship 1

Ozack Battleship 2

The Battleship Yamato live action movie was coming out and there were ads everywhere. Turn on the tv and you were bound to see Takuya Kimura. So it was fun to find these Ozack potato chip tie-ins.

shiba n 4

shiba n 5

Last is one of my favorite, Saku Saku panda cookies. I could not resist the giant panda one.

2 comments: