Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, April 11, 2011

More from Kyoto

While I wish we could have seen more temples, gardens and other lovely places, just right around where we stayed was beautiful.


The other side of the Shirakawa River, just east of Higashioji Dori. This is the same river as the one that flows through the preserved streets where the tea houses and geiko are, in my previous post. What a lovely place to live!


Wonderful willow trees.


There was a sign by this bridge. I wonder what it says. Be careful crossing bridge? Dangerous?


Wonder just how safe is it? Kinda of narrow, no rails, tempting...


I couldn't resist! So worn from years of people walking over it.


Old and new. Car elevators are fairly common, but less at private residences. I guess if one can afford that car, one can afford the elevator.

From March 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment