Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Monday, December 20, 2010

So I took the train to Odaiba

tokyo 12 3 1

Turned out to be a much more colorful place than I thought from other's photos
This was on December 3rd if I remember right. I didn't have any specific plans. I just wanted to do a little shopping for gifts and see something different. I ended up getting off at Aomi Station. I didn't know there was this big ferris wheel there. Seeing the buildings in person was amazing.

tokyo 12 3 2

Places like Tokyo Big Site, where the Dolpa was going to be the weekend right after I left. But my dad was coming to visit so that mattered more.

tokyo 12 3 4

So off to shopping and finding a bit of Holiday spirit. First to do a little looking around outside.

tokyo 12 3 5

Found a very nice Christmas tree.

tokyo 12 3 7

And a rather interesting structure over the walk-way across the island.

tokyo 12 3 6

Back of the rather famous Fuji TV building.

tokyo 12 3 9

I wonder if I had been in the right spot if I might have seen Mount Fuji that day. So clear out I could see the Sky Tower some distance from there. The domed building is the Ariake Collosseum.

tokyo 12 3 8

Another view of the Daikanransha Ferris Wheel.

I saw a lot this first full day in Tokyo so going to have a few posts instead of one long one. It was totally worth it going to Odaiba and there were some rather interesting things to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment