Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pasta with Cauliflower, Anchovies and Fried Croutons

Been dealing with life throwing too many things at me and these photos remind me of that. I actually made this back in May but then my computer got a virus and so many things happened after that... Anyway, I want to post this before I forget again.

Occasionally I submit a pasta photo to Presto Pasta Nights. I like seeing the blog posts, so many creative uses of pasta that are inspiring. Well this dish I actually got the recipe information from the blog. I thought the ingredients sounded interesting and I want to cook more authentic Italian food. The actual recipe is from Bon Appetite which you can find here. It calls for Orecchiette pasta but that was pretty expensive so I went with a less expensive shell pasta which I can not remember the name of.

califlower

One of the first things was to prepare the cauliflower. It was pretty tasty just like this. I also had fresh anchovy instead of canned so I cooked that in the oven. Figured it would be less salt and fat that way.

c7

I pretty much followed the recipe except I used one of Trader Joe's cheese blends because it's easier. I use that for so many dishes!

anchovy califlower crouton pasta

So this is how it turned out. It was really good and I was rather impressed that it turned out so well! I'm not use to making a dish like this. Now hoping the next time I make something like this I won't have all the problems that kept me from posting it sooner!

And just to add, here is the link for the Presto Pasta Nights post for this week. Lots of good food there! Now I'm hungry.

4 comments:

  1. Let's keep our fingers crossed that there are no more viruses for you. Great post and lovely version of an old favorite. Thanks for the reminder and for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination! I have never tried cauliflower in pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like adding different ingredients into pasta to see how it works. Never tried cauliflower. Will now.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete