Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Miso Soup with Tokyo Negi and Wakame

I do like putting together food posts. So here going another one of the miso soups.

tokyo negi

This is my cooking helper, Hatsune Miku. She is an expert on Tokyo Negi, or better known as mutant green onions. That is one in front of her. It's actually smaller than most.

tokyo negi 2

Miku did a great job of chopping the Tokyo Negi up. It's rather pungent, almost as strong as a white or brown onion. Very tasty and if I make okonomiyaki, I'm definitely adding some to it!

tokyo negi 3

I thought I would show part of the process of cooking my miso soup. Here I am simmering wakame (a sea vegetable) with the Tokyo Negi in the dashi. I heated the miso in a little water separately to get it mixed in nicely.

tokyo negi 4

And here is the finished product. Miso soup with Tokyo Negi and wakame. I think Miku approves. I know it was delicious. Oh yeah, I guess this was number five.

No comments:

Post a Comment