Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

sitting here

wondering what I could do for those poor people in Haiti. The scenes remind me of what I personally saw after the Northridge earthquake in 1994, buildings destroyed, people sleeping in parks. Except Haiti is a thousand times worse.

Well, one thing I can do is let people know that Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab is donating all proceeds from their January sales of the following Orisha scents to the Red Cross

Elegba
Obatala
Ochosi
Ogun
Olokun
Osun
Oya
Shango
Yemaya
BPAL Excolo Scents
and of course Port-Au-Prince in the Wanderlust section.

That being said, I am super majorly going to do whatever I can to get to their Will-Call on the 30th. If anyone is interested in anything, leave me a comment. I have been wanting to go and this time, crossing my fingers and all that stuff.

If you are in Los Angeles tomorrow night, TiGeorge's Chicken Restaurant is hosting a fund raiser. Owner George Leguerre has become a central point for people looking for information and trying to contact others in Haiti. Which is extremely difficult right now so he is hosting a fund raiser at his restaurant starting at 5 pm January 14.
TiGeorge's Fundraiser

Thank you for reading my post.

eta: The International Red Cross website for those trying to contact people in Haiti
www.icrc.org/familylinks Pass this on if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment