Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's that time again

Despite having way too much to do, I still wanted to try the Washoku challenge this month. Definitely was a challenge, but hey, have to eat! The challenge post with everyone's entries will be up Monday or Tuesday at La Fuji Mama

So here is my attempt at Rolled Sushi Two Ways:

sushirolls1

Made with sushi rice with unagi, cucumber and radish sprouts in the center. See, there was a reason for the unagi sauce in this photo!

sushirolls3

I actually added a little unagi sauce to my soy sauce for dipping. Was really good.

I also left a few of the radish sprouts long on purpose. I find it adds a little interest to the way they look.

sushrolls4

Close-up makes me hungry.

So despite needing one of those really expensive sushi knives, they turned out decently and more importantly, tasted really good!

sushirolls6

1 comment: