Misadventures with Miso

Misadventures with Miso

Thursday, March 26, 2009

strange food

Looking through some of my photos and found a few random food pictures.





















Special from Curry House. Always like trying the different dishes they have there. I don't remember what this was called, but there is a croquette on top of shrimp and other tasty things.




















My version of Colcannon for St. Patrick's Day. Since I couldn't go shopping I had to use what I had. So this has spinich instead of cabbage. I guess that is in the spirit of the dish, since it developed from what the Irish had at hand. It was very good. Definitely will try this again.





















One egg Omelet. I think I took the photo because people don't believe I can make an omelet from one egg. I don't remember what was inside, that depends also on what I have at hand.




















And this we ate not too long ago. It is Rockfish in sake lees (akauo kasuzuke) with yakisoba. It was a special at Mitsuwa Market and turned out really well. During the winter sake lees (sake kasu) is available because the brewers are busy making sake. It's what is left when they filter sake, and it's rather popular to add to different dishes during the winter.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some tasty looking pictures!

    I've never heard of Colcannon before. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete